CAN is seeking Expressions of Interest from Aboriginal community members to join our Aboriginal Advisory Group.
The AAG is a key advisory body for CAN. Its purpose is to:
• Facilitate transformational leadership
• Provide CAN with cultural advice and counsel
• Provide guidance on cultural protocols and practices, customs and governance
• Advocate on behalf of CAN
• Provide feedback on project design and delivery
• Advise on appropriate protocols in working within communities and CAN
The following criteria will inform the selection of appropriate members:
• Aboriginal people who are active in supporting their community and interested in language, culture and the
• Membership is inclusive of gender to ensure that women’s and men’s business is represented
• Maintaining membership that provides good coverage and knowledge across Noongar Boodja
• Experience or knowledge of CAN’s work is desirable but not essential
The AAG is open to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The AAG meets a minimum of every 2 months or as required. Members may be asked to review documents / provide
advice in between meetings.
Meeting location: CAN’s office, Kings Street Arts Centre, 357/365 Murray St, Perth, WA, 6000
Time and dates of meetings are mutually agreed by the group. Online participation is welcome.
Approximate bi-monthly commitment: 5 hours.
AAG members will be paid a consultancy fee of $75 per hour. Travel may be provided if required.
AAG Expression of Interest
To express your interest, please email CAN telling them why you would like to be part of the AAG.
Please send your submission to email@example.com by 5pm on Wednesday 31 August