This new role will work with CAN’s Executive Team and Board to create a Business Development Strategy that will diversify income streams and build and nurture philanthropic and corporate partnerships. There will be a focus on generating sustainable forms of income through benefaction, partnerships, grants, foundations and trusts, and meeting financial targets in a competitive environment. This key role will be responsible for securing funds and supporting organisational initiatives, cultivating leads, identifying opportunities and developing CAN’s supporter base.
$80,000 pro rata (22.5 hours per week, 0.6 FTE) one year contract with potential to be renewed
Position Key Duties
- Work closely with the CEO and General Manager to develop, implement and manage effective programs focused on building, maintaining and developing key relationships in order to meet the strategic objective of increasing self-generated income.
- Identify opportunities through philanthropy, grants, foundations and government agencies to secure funds and support organisational initiatives.
- Develop deliverables and set priorities to engage with supporters and coordinate a program of targeted events.
- Use data to analyse and understand the fundraising landscape to build compelling and mutually beneficial propositions for benefaction and partnerships.
- Work with the CAN team to deliver excellent relationship management and provide accurate and timely administrative support, including with grant writing and acquittals.
- Maintain accurate and updated records of all contacts and stakeholder relationships, including contracts and agreements.
- Contribute to the CAN workplace by sharing information, experience and expertise, as well as contributing to organisational advocacy and assisting across all facets of development.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience in seeking and securing financial support from individuals, trusts, foundations and government agencies
- Excellent strategic planning and time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the capability to build strong relationships and demonstrated commitment to stakeholder management
- Highly developed writing and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Self-motivated with highly developed problem-solving skills and ability to respond to everchanging working demands
- Knowledge and interest in community arts and cultural development
- Knowledge of Australian cultural and philanthropic contexts, trends and networks
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Capacity for reflective practice
- Demonstrated commitment to CAN’s values
- Willingness to contribute to the team and adapt to changing circumstances
- Collaborative problem-solver
- Good judgement and the ability to think strategically
All applicants must submit:
- Cover Letter
- Current resume
- Response to the selection criteria (max 2 pages)
All applicants must agree to provide contact details of two referees upon request.
This role will require the successful applicant to design and implement a Business Development Strategy. What is your experience in creating a Business Development Strategy?
This role requires a demonstrated capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with donors, philanthropic trusts and foundations and corporations. What is your experience in relationship management?
The successful person in this position will display a strong values alignment to Community Arts Network.
How do your values align with CAN?
Email your application using the subject line “Business Development Manager” via email@example.com
Direct all related position enquiries to CAN’s CEO Wendy Martin 08 9226 2422
Deadline: All applications must be received via email by 5pm Friday, 2 September 2022